Residential Stay with Active Escape
Looking to book a residential stay for students they will never forget? Look no further!
We have a wide range of activities to get students out and about and away from that beloved phone screen!
Many of our activities help to build key life skills, including: Teamwork, communication, self confidence and management, inter-team relationships, effective participation, problem solving and so many more. The coastal environment we use also supports other aspects of learning, such as physical health, emotional intelligence, social skills and environmental awareness. All this is done in a fun and exciting environment which also helps to boost individual’s confidence.
Our set activities are the perfect opportunity for each and every student to push themselves in different and new environments, doing things they may never thought possible - opening a world of new possibilities and a change in outlook.
The accommodation we provide will also add to their experience, rather than your bog standard dorm room - we offer a unique and rustic camping experience in bell tents set on an idyllic and safe campsite, with all the facilities you could ever need (toilets, hot showers, electricity, sheltered communal area – with access to making tea/coffee, an outdoor fire pit and more). Included is Breakfast, a packed lunch and dinner each day (with dietary requirements taken into account). Each tent can easily sleep 7 students – dependant on numbers and the makeup of your group. Each tent will be divided accordingly and in to same sex. Teachers/ group leaders will also have their own tent (again same sex if needing to share with other teachers/leaders). The campsite is family friendly and has great security meaning it is very safe and our residential area is nestled away from other campers so it has good privacy for your group.
We also have a large woodland area based in Somerset and a mini bus meaning we can still provide activities in the autumn and winter months without students getting too cold –it is also another new and exciting environment for the students to explore and work more as a team to complete set tasks – after a few days in the water, sometimes it is nice to have a dry option!
So by now you must be curious as to what activities we can offer you, here is a little bit of information about each one:
- Coasteering - Swim, scramble and jump your way around our beautiful coastline. Exploring hidden gullies and caves - it is nature’s playground. A great activity to push yourself, overcome fear by working at your own speed and help motivate others. Learning outcomes include: Self confidence, life skills, inter-team relationship.
- Splat Gun Paintball - Run, dodge, navigate, steal and recover. Work with your teams to complete set tasks without being shot! Splat is a slightly more tame version of paintball but with the same thrill! Our guns are spring loaded rather than gas, but watch out they still have a kick to them. This activity is a great way to get the team working together to achieve the end goal. Learning outcomes include: Inter-team relationships, problem solving, effective participation, life skills.
- Adventure Challenge - Navigate your teams way around the local area using maps to find hidden codes while tackling our assault course and working as a team to crack the initiative tasks. Learning outcomes include: Communication, creative thinking, effective participation, problem solving, life skills.
- Stand Up Paddle boarding - Discover our cove by paddling your way through caves and over to a beautiful secluded beach. Team and individual games will be played to help students feel more relaxed on the boards and help out with paddling techniques. Students will be doubled up on boards to ensure the whole group make it to the beach together. Learning outcomes include: Communication, teamwork, effective participation, self management, inter-team relationships.
- Armarda - This activity includes the use of different crafts to get everyone on the water at the same time. Depending on group size we can use our Giant paddleboards and rafts - meaning there is an option for everyone (from those who may not be so confident around the water to those wanting to jump off at every given chance). Teams will paddle their crafts to the beach together where they will unlock a chest to make a fire and enjoy some yummy treats to fuel the games and paddle back. They will also participate in team challenges such as: races, building a human pyramid and many more. Learning outcomes include: Inter-team relationships, communication, effective participation, problem solving.
- Search and Recover - To get students familiar with the site and surroundings, they will work as a team to orientate themselves around the campsite and the cove. Working together the team will need to communicate, de-code, decipher maps, briefs and riddles. Learning outcomes include: Self management, effective participation, teamwork, problem solving.
- Recon Mission - A task driven activity where teams complete challenges at different locations before being able to move to the next. The central navigation point of this activity will be around the remains of an Iron age hill fort. Learning outcomes include: Inter-team relationships - Communication - Effective participation - Problem solving - Creative thinking - Self-management - Reflective learning - Life skills.
- Surfing - Discover one of the great local North Devon surf beaches. Students will be transported to Woolcombe where they will have lessons with qualified surf instructors. They will be taught about flags and water safety, paddling and standing techniques. Learning outcomes include: Effective participation, self confidence.
And more...we can tailor the activities to suit your needs and requirements.
If this sounds like something that may be of interested please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01271 320745 for any further information, questions, or queries.